Here are the ingredients needed:
1 tub of coolwhip
2 cups of milk
1 package of pistachio (green for the holiday) or any other flavored instant pudding mix of your choice
1/2 cup butter
1 cup water
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 tbsp. of sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1) Mix together pistachio or any flavored instant pudding mix of your choice with one tub of cool whip and 2 cups of milk. Cover and refrigerate.
2) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3) In a large pot, bring water, sugar, vanilla and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Let the dough cool before adding eggs, otherwise the eggs will start ‘cooking’ in the dough and not mix in. It is important to beat in as much air as possible when mixing the eggs until the dough is a sticky, and chewy consistency. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
4) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
5) When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the mousse mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the mousse into the shells. Then top with some powdered sugar or a bit of mousse, whichever you prefer!
by Kimberly Sherman Leon
Founder and President of RICM